Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Island Soapery - Cherry Granade

Soap is one of the products I have difficulties with, my skin is so sensitive that finding a soap that works, works well and keeps working can be like searching for a needle in a hay stack. There are hundreds of options to choose from and unfortunately for me what works today might not work tomorrow.

It's one of the reasons why I enjoy reviewing soap as much as I do. I get to discover combinations that work for me, combinations that don't and have the opportunity to discover some amazing products and meet new people.

Island Soapery is an Etsy store. I found it while looking for soaps and asked for samples. I received samples of several different scents and soap products. The samples were generous. I've received some samples that last long enough to wash your hands once, basically they are just a thick shaving off a bar. I don't feel samples that small are 1. worth the money for them and 2. really give you the opportunity to test the product.

Unless there is immediate irritation it usually takes a week to two weeks for me to be able to tell if a product will really work for me. It's one of the reasons my reviews take a little longer to publish then others. I try to test the products in as many ways as I can before I write a review. Writing for Island Soapery was no exception.

The first product I tried was the Cherry Granade. I'd never seen a scent like this so I asked for a sample of it. I received a small square instead of the standard rectangle you expect soap to come in. I enjoyed the difference in size and it fit well in the palm of my hand. It also fit well in my son's. Cherry anything however, it's a boy scent so he wasn't thrilled with it.

The soap does not have a strong scent and barely leaves a trace on your hands. I'm of two minds on that. Sometimes I love to have the scent linger, other times I don't. I end up having a selection of soaps placed in different places on my sink to tell me which ones have linger scents and which don't.

The soap does not have a sweet scent, which I like. I don't particularly care for overly sweet scents in anything. It does however smell remarkably like the drink it is named after Dr. Pepper, cherry and just a hint of something else which in the drink would be brandy.

It is a delightful pinkish color which fits well with its name. It's definitely something interesting. Head over to Island Soapery at http://www.etsy.com/shop/IslandSoapery and check out it out. I'll be writing more on these products as I try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment