Monday, October 14, 2013

Em Cosmetics - Life Palette Sample

Hi guys,

This review is of Em cosmetics life palette - you can find it at www.emcosmetics.com.

I obtained a deluxe sample not too long ago. This blog won't have pictures. This is because I'm not going to be reviewing the colors but the cosmetics themselves. I have to say I was pretty excited. I watch Michelle Phan's videos fairly regularly. I actually found them because there was a link from another site on creating anime looks with makeup. I started following and was happy to hear she'd managed to get her own cosmetic line.

I'd like to point out that I'm 32. I'll be 33 next year. I'm not a kid but that doesn't stop me from being willing to experiment and willing to try anything makeup wise from crazy to sedate. The one thing I noted about Em cosmetics is that there is definitely something for everyone. If you want to get wild and crazy, there are plenty of colors for you. If you want to go for the more sedate look, you'll find something as well. I like that because it means that I can stick with the same makeup line and don't have to worry about losing quality or trying to find the right quality to match with already existing products because as we all know sometimes finding the color you want might mean not having the quality you want.

Em cosmetics are pretty pricey for someone on a highly limited budget like me. Right now, I view everything in terms of the same amount can pay this bill or these bills. In the case of Em cosmetics palettes, its these bills. However, its well worth the money if you've got it to spend. The palette has got serious options. There are four looks included in each of the full sized palettes. This consists of a blush, two lip colors and six eye shadows. This means for a full sized palette you are getting 4 blush, 8 lip colors and 24 eye shadows. The price is $75.

I purchased a deluxe sample during a promotion because for about $30, it gave me the chance to try out a lipstick, the eye shadows from the palette and a water liner eye liner.

All that being said, on to the review. The colors are rich, not too rich. They go on smooth, easy to blend and definitely easier to control than some of the ones I've experimented with, I've had some where even though you are using only a small amount it feels heavy or doesn't blend well. Em cosmetics is perfect for layering, blending, it goes on smooth and easy and it provides a nice even coverage. I wear it with absolutely nothing but the eye shadow and it sees me through the day.

Its definitely worth the money and I've definitely got it on my save up for list.

No comments:

Post a Comment