Saturday, October 19, 2013

Urban Decay - Vice 2

Hi guys,

I haven't reviewed a lot of mass produced products but I've starting getting into it because frankly, how many people only have homemade stuff in their makeup drawers. Reviewing all handmade stuff is great, I'll be posting more of those but I like to know how it compares.

I managed to get my hands on Vice 2 a limited edition palette released by Urban Decay with 20 new colors. I also received some of their primer potion, and eye liner and some lip treatment. In this blog post I'm going to be reviewing the palette. First, let me start by saying that these are my first Urban Decay products ever. I've never used anything by this company before. I can say that I love the colors. The palette has a good blend of neutrals in both shimmer and matte, some purples, some pinks, a blue, browns, grays, and metallics. It pretty much has a little something for everyone.

I was surprised by the size, for most people its probably not a surprise if you've picked up the 20 color palettes before but I was happy with the large size of the palette. I thought it was great that there was a little push button that let you release the catch and open the lid. The lid doesn't just flop open there's some resistance which I liked because it helps the lid to stay wherever you put it. This is a great feature when you want to use the mirror and you have horrible lighting to work with like I do.

I loved the mirror. Its huge. It isn't just this little square in the middle of the lid, it fills the whole lid and really gives you great space to work with and that's important at least in my book. I always hate having to stretch the mirror out as far as my arm just to see more than a little bit of my face to make sure everything looks good. This works out perfectly.

The brush is decent quality. I've gotten some that lose bristles as soon as you use them, these didn't dig into the eye shadows and really held onto the color but not so much that you feel like you're leaving everything on the brush and not getting it on your eye. I've had a few brushes like that too. I liked how they picked up and distributed the eye shadow.

The staying power is pretty decent. It's a little bit less than some of the loose powders that I have but its been on for a good six or so hours now and still looks fairly fresh despite the fact that since I decided not to wear my glasses today I've been rubbing my eyes constantly. There is very little I hate more than spending the time to do my eye make up and then rubbing it all off within an hour of putting it on so I love color with staying power. I've got a few pictures of the palette that I'll be adding to the post later. I wanted to do a complete set with a swatch of all the colors but I really wanted to do those pictures outside where I've got good natural sunlight. I'll be posting the pictures in the next day or so but you can check the palette out at Urban decay's website www.urbandecay.com

This is a limited edition and I do recommend it. It's a little pricey but from what I've seen well worth the investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment