Monday, July 9, 2012

First Post

Nail polish is one of my little splurges. I love all kinds of colors and while I tend to be hyper conservative with my clothing I let my hair and nails show the wild, crazy chick lying under the skin. I'm always looking for something new and I used to spend hours in the Beauty section trying to find a color that jumped out and screamed "WEAR ME". After a while though there just wasn't anything that attracted my interest. I wanted things that just weren't available.

The same thing happened for my eyes. I wanted things I just couldn't find in the stores. When I did find them they wanted way more money than the products were worth. I'm disabled. Bright colors, sparkly shades and loads of glitter were things that brought and still do, a smile to my face. I got lucky. I have probably the greatest brother in the world. He decided to post a request from a friend of his on his Facebook page and a whole new world opened for me.

He introduced me to Pixie. Pixie has probably got to be one of the greatest people in the world and I'm not just saying that cause she makes amazing and cool things. She's a genuinely amazing person. At the time she was getting her company Pixie Polish started up. It was the answer to my prayers. She made nail polish. Not just any nail polish but the kind I was looking for, bright, bold, and most importantly SPARKLY.

I instantly decided to help her out. It didn't require any thought. I donated what I could and I've been lucky enough to get a bottle of a good portion of her stock. She keeps coming out with new things and I keep enjoying the trill of waiting for this new color or mix to come out so I can buy it and try it.

In turn through Pixie I found a great deal of inspiration. I'm a writer by trade. When I get stuck I look down, stare at whatever color happens to be on my hands, spend a few minutes letting the light catch the glitter and enjoying the sparkle and when I look up, whatever was causing my brain to stick on a particular thing has taken flight driven off by bright lights and colorful happiness.

I created this blog to post places I find like Pixie's that offer great homemade products, to review tons of stuff and let people know how it is and just for the heck of it. Look forward to my next post!

Kaya Sarin myLot User Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment