Monday, July 9, 2012

Pixie Polish - SueFoo

From Pixie's Description - emi-sheer raspberry sherbert reddish purple-blue duochome jelly-like polish with green/glue/purple iridescent glitter


I'm a total fan of Pixie's polish. This is an amazing color. It's a bit transparent, which just increases it's versatility in my book. If you want to use it like a slightly colored top coat on plain nails it works. As you can see in the picture on the left, you can can faintly see my nails through the polish. It's a good color for more conservative situations. The glitter is understated when you use it this way. It works really well if you want a little color, a little glitter, a little shine.

I love the jelly aspect of it because it glides on really smoothly and leaves a very smooth finish.
If you want something more intense you can put a base coat on or you can layer this color. I recommend waiting for the layers to dry before putting on the next one. Not just tacky dry but completely dry. It's just personal preference on my part but I've found that the polish wears a bit longer and handles the end wear that constant typing like I do, better than if I paint consecutive coats with only to the touch drying in between.

The first picture was taken outdoors, single coat. This is a triple coat taken inside. However, you can see that with three coats you can't see my nail anymore underneath and its a darker raspberry color. Part of that is the lighting. I was hoping to get some good shots outside of the multiple layers but it's rained forever and been overcast. I also wanted to show the difference between indoor and outdoor lighting.

The great thing about Pixie's polish and this seems to be across the board is that they wear incredibly well. Several weeks usually a minimum of two weeks and for me, usually I only have end or tip wear when I finally take the nail polish off and switch colors. This would be great on top of a variety of different colored base coats reds, purples, blues and pinks would probably all go well with this color. I'll add picture posts if I decide to mix it up and add a base coat. A holo topcoat or heavy glitter will look good as well. You can layer it up or leave it as a single layer and get a variety of looks.

You can check out this color and more at http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMusesAlchemy

No comments:

Post a Comment