Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chaos Cosmetics - Bombshell Mineral Eye Shadow


Eye Shadow, it can be subtle, dramatic, it can be matte or sparkle with every blink. The sky is the limit when it comes to colors and imagination. Recently, I was having a pink day. I don't get many of them and honestly pink is one of my least favorite colors but occasionally I dig out the pinks and have a truly traditional girly day, skirts, pink, lace, ribbons, the works.

While digging through eye shadows to complete my pink themed ensemble I came across my sample of Bombshell. A lovely peachy pink color color shifts to gold when the light hits it just right, I thought it would be the perfect complement. I put on some primer because I really wanted my eyes to pop with the pink.

I didn't put on any eyeliner or mascara I just let Bombshell do its thing.  I liked the color, it satisfied my need for pink and it was long lasting. When I washed it off at 3 am, I had put it on about 6:30 am, it had barely lost it's glimmer and pop. In part I figured its long life was due to having on eye shadow primer.

The next morning I decided to try bombshell again this time without the primer. There wasn't as much pop to the color, which was fine because I was going for something a little more subtle than the day before. I got it and the eye shadow lasted just as long. I still had to wash it off at the end of the day with minimal color loss.
The primer simply allowed the eye shadow to have a more dramatic look and to keep that look longer. Either way I found that Bombshell is a great color for those days when I want to go a little pink. 

Here are a few pictures of what Bombshell looked like on me with the Primer. With my eyes close you can really see the shimmer and gold as well as the rich peachy pink. 


Here's a picture with my open you can see a little of the shimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment