Sunday, September 2, 2012

BonLogic - Face Cream

Having sensitive skin is probably one of the hardest things to deal with, my skin in particular drives me absolutely crazy. I have eczema, acne, and keratosis pilaris. I'm also Irish with the complexion to go with it, which means every time there is a problem with my skin, it's right there for everyone to see, in stark relief. 

It means my skin is rough, blotchy, red, itchy and a general irritation. I avoid pictures and cover make up like concealer and foundation just makes everything worse. So I did the reasonable thing and headed over to the dermatologist who unfortunately did the expected thing. He informed me that there was only one treatment option available for my particular combination of issues. I mean how often do you see oily skin that peels like excessively dry skin at the same time. 

The treatment a lactic acid cream and a topical steroid. It's unfortunate for me that I can't use steroids in any form. Even the smallest amount creates raving issues in my system. I thanked my dermatologist and picked up my scripts ( I miss the days when everything was on paper). I have to say I didn't try the treatment for than a day. I had to give my doctor his due. 

I then started looking for a solution on my own. I have to say I'm still looking for a permanent solution but I was lucky enough to stumble across BonLogic's Etsy store. One of the products I obtained a sample of was the day face cream. 

I approach all face creams, lotions, body butters, and serums with skepticism. I have two boxes, file storage boxes filled with creams and lotions all of them promising that they'll help with the very conditions I have and most of them just made it worse. 

The first thing I noticed about BonLogic's face cream was the lack of smell. Even perfume free stuff has a smell and sure BonLogic's cream does too, but it's very light. I don't notice it after a moment. I only had a small sample but I found that I only needed a small amount. 

I put just a little bit on my finger, rubbed together to see how it felt, it wasn't greasy, it didn't stay on my skin and require a large amount of rubbing before it was absorbed. It actually only took a few swipes and I was good to go. 

I tried it on my face, it wasn't heavy, I didn't feel like I'd just dipped my face in wax or spread grease on it, like I've experienced with other products. It was nice. It made my skin feel soft and so I used it, twice a day. First thing in the morning and again right before bed. Sometimes I'd use it a couple times more on the patches of my skin that tend to dry out. 

At the time I didn't have a working camera so I didn't get pictures of my skin before and after. However, the dry, itchy patches of skin that peeled and plagued me slowly disappeared over the course of about two weeks. The heavy red mask that covered my cheeks and nose started to diminish and I saw a decrease in the outbreaks of acne. 

All in all this is truly a wonderful product and I'm glad I found it. I did discover that if I don't use it regularly my skin starts to get worsen. The sample I've had for more than a month. it came in 1/4 oz jar and I still have a good 1/4 of the cream left so it doesn't take much to cover your face. I've already decided to order more. This time I have a working camera. I'm going to stop using it for a while, take pictures and then go back to using it so I can show everyone the difference. So check back for updates. 

I definitely recommend anyone with the type of problem I have give this lotion a try. Everyone is different so I can't guarantee you'll have the same results I had but I've tried tons of products that say they'll work and they haven't. It's definitely worth the try and you get a lot of bang for your buck. 

You can find the face cream at BonLogic's Etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/BonLogic

I'm off to buy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment