Friday, September 7, 2012

D & R Apothecary Nail Polish- Cotton Candy

If everyone reading hasn't already guessed I practically live on Etsy. I'm constantly searching the pages, activity on my circle and everyone on my circle's circles so I'm constantly finding new products to try out. D&R Apothecary is one of those finds. I was lucky to run across the store during a sale. Who doesn't love a good sale so I did some looking around and found that D&R had a few listings for discontinued colors. Stock they were shifting from the regular line up to custom orders, to make more room for more great stuff. I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of heavy glitter polishes.

I find them to be overwhelming, rough and getting them off is a horrid prospect involving time spent with cotton balls and aluminium foil. I decided however, since they were on sale to give them a try. I received my purchase quickly and opened it with some excitement. I'm always happy to receive packages in the mail. Cotton candy has every shade I've seen in cotton candy, pink, purple, blue and green.

As the light hits it hints of red also come out and it's just as much fun to wear as cotton candy is to eat. You can layer it if you want to completely cover your nail. It only takes two coats to cover everything completely. I decided I wanted to try it with a solid undercoat and see how it worked with other brands. I was delighted to find out that it worked with everything I tried it with.

Overall, despite my general dislike of polishes that are filled with large amounts of glitter I enjoyed wearing this polish. I tried it with several top coats as well and found that it worked equally well with anything I tried. It's definitely a keeper. It adds a great sparkle to my nails. It's fun, and brings up memories of all the times I went to the carnivals with my grandparents. We always had cotton candy and always purchased the large bags that had every color. Here is a picture of what it looks like so you can see for yourself.
This is a picture of cotton candy over First Hyacinths of Spring by Pixie Polish. You can find D & R Apothecary on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/HitPolish

No comments:

Post a Comment