Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pixie Polish - Elphaba


Pixie Polish - Elphaba

One of the best things about being a product reviewer is the  opportunity to review things no one else has seen before. I got that chance with Pixie's Elphaba. It is a Green Linear holo that is simply amazing. It is pretty much a one coater. I like to put on two because I love a little deeper color.

It is a green base, so it works well by itself as a nail color but also works great as either a top coat over a darker color or as a base coat. In one experiment, I tried it as a base coat with D & R Apothecary's Forest, a color I will be reviewing later. Forest is a semi clear green polish and Elphaba gave it real depth. I also put it over Emerald City Extreme wear nail polish and it added a definite pop.

It is long lasting, I had it on for 14 days with only a small amount of wear. I have not met a Pixie polish that does not outshine commercial products in terms of durability. I am hard on my nails, lots of typing, hot water, soaps of all kinds, I use my nails to open letters and packages. Keeping nail polish for longer than a few days, a week at the most was a challenge, not so with Pixie's polish.

I can do everything I need to do and the polish keeps up with me. I definitely would recommend this polish for people who love color, love the holographic effect, in the Elphaba it gives a beautiful gold color when it holo shifts that goes well with the green and makes it perfect for everyday or special events.

Here you can see some of the holographic effect that Elphaba gives as well as the slight bluish green the holo can give the polish in the right light. This was taken under standard lightbulbs. When I cropped it. I did auto adjust to compensate. 

Here's a good picture of the color when the holo isn't in effect. It's still absolutely stunning. 

One of the great things about Pixie is that she never disappoints. Each of her polishes excellent, superior quality, they work well with each other, and are great with most mass production commercial store brands. You can check her out her Etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMusesAlchemy



No comments:

Post a Comment