Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pixie Polish - Linear Holo Top Coat Part 1

Pixie's Linear holo topcoat is probably, hands down, the best polish I've ever seen. This polish is an absolute magical elixir. I received my first bottle, I assure you it won't be my last, about 3 and a half months ago. I promptly painted my finger nails and just for the heck of it I painted the toes of one foot. Just one. It's a clear top coat but I wanted to see how it held up to someone who is known for being rough on their feet. My feet are constantly covered in bruises and scratches and I almost never wear shoes, let's be honest, I never go anywhere to need them. The rare times I do my feet still get battered and banged.

My toes probably receive the most abuse and so nail polish has never really lasted very long on toe nails that are constantly being banged up, scratched, smashed or broken off. ( horrid sounding isn't it but wait the good part is coming)

I wasn't holding any high expectations after all it's only nail polish not some kind of miracle. However, at 3.5 months, my toes still have Pixie's top coat on them. I decided after 2 weeks to see how long they'd stand up to the constant abuse my feet go through. So far I've clipped more off in standard routine maintenance than I've lost to chips, bangs, scraps or dings. My big toe still has half the toe covered despite clipping and growing.

I decided to leave it on until I'm positive there is no more polish. I want to see just how long this polish can be. There will be several parts to this review. I'll be reviewing this top coat by itself on my nails and mixed with several store bought nail polishes, a few of Pixies polishes and perhaps a few others. I want to see how this amazing top coat, which not only has amazing staying power but also helps to hold broken nails in place and heal nails after a particularly bad polish.

I've used almost a 1/4th of the bottle I received just from using it as a top coat over other polishes and using it in between polishes to help heal my nails which often peel, break and chip. So check back regularly for more on the Linear holo topcoat from Pixie Polish.

If you'd like to check it out for your self you can get the linear holo topcoat from Pixie polish at http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMusesAlchemy

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention is clear but is a linear holo, so it does the holo rainbow effect in sun, LOL!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete